Ever since the late 1800s, when Helena Blavatsky began the Theosophical Society, a burgeoning interest in the paranormal grew rapidly – first in Europe, then in the United States.
- She sought to link ancient mysticism with “future knowledge” outside of the Biblical narrative. This led to interest in parapsychology, self-knowledge, reincarnation, the occult and reception of supernatural messages. Blavatsky noted that awakening the conscience of man’s “divine nature” will be his greatest achievement. The recent epic novels by J. K. Rowling on the wizard Harry Potter (translated into 73 languages) epitomizes the world’s continued intrigue for such “forbidden knowledge.”
- The spiritual formation movement that has invaded the Protestant world, with its contemplative spirituality is a morphed development from Ignatius Loyola’s “spiritual exercises” of the sixteenth century. It is not unlike the elevation of self-awareness begun in the theosophical movements. This is an egregious invasion by Satan into Christian thinking.
Provocative is the Biblical picture of the end-time “religious world,” portrayed as either a pure woman dressed in sunlight (Revelation 12:1) or a harlot with a “first name” called “mystery” (Revelation 17:1-5). Commensurate with both is:
- The anticipation of a new age – a special time of “spiritual fulfillment”
- Identification of issues in religion and government that seem to delay “unity”
- The appearance of a “Christ” – a world leader
During the 19th century, expositor White warned that a point in time would come when even:
“The Protestants of the United States … [would] be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience.”
Fascinating! It has been easy to skip over that first issue of “spiritualism.” That has often been relegated to séances and appearances of deceased individuals. Though those will soon be significant issues, a broader, more sinister side to this is of vast importance to God’s people.
- Focused awareness of this “power” emerged in the 1920s and 1930s when a spiritualist, theosophist, astrologer, aggressive writer and Luciferian leader by the name of Alice Bailey came onto the world scene. She was a student of Blavatsky’s work.
- She also “received messages” from an alleged Tibetan monk, Djwhal Khul, which she shared in voluminous writings and lectures.
Bailey’s influence grew quickly. She developed the Arcane School (a spiritualist training center) and the Lucifer Publishing Company (1922). The next year she changed the publishing company’s name to Lucis Publishing Company because of negative publicity.
- That publishing company became part of the Lucis Trust – which, in turn, became an NGO of the United Nations. Alice Bailey created a deep interest in occult “religious” thinking of the leaders within that organization.
- The Lucis Trust opened and still maintains the Meditation Room within the United Nations.
- Its empty stone altar, highly symbolic mural with an all-seeing eye and trapezoidal room portray numerous mystical beliefs and powers.
The United Nations moved more deeply into the occult in 1973 when the then Secretary General U Thant founded another NGO called Planetary Citizens. Religious mysteries of that world body were actively encouraged by his then assistant secretary general Robert Mueller. Mueller idealized: “I have in mind the spiritual values, faith in one’s self, the purity of one’s inner self which seems to me is the greatest virtue of all. With this approach, with this philosophy, with this concept alone, will we be able to fashion the kind of [global] society we want.”
Predictions of Deep Interest
Alice Bailey was “told” that mysteries of a coming savior would begin to be revealed after 1975. Then the world would start preparing for a world teacher – the Lord Maitreya.
Intriguingly, a London spiritualist by the name of Benjamin Crème began to discuss the emergence of a world teacher in 1975. He, too, was “in contact with Djwhal Khul.”
- He held large audiences spellbound in a hypnotic trance – some say supernaturally.
- “This Maitreya will soon be known to everyone,” Crème said.
- “He will be a teacher for all of humanity.
- He will advise everyone politically, economically and socially.
- He will have extra-ordinary spiritual powers.
- And will build a new world.”
Before Jesus opened up end-time issues in His Olivet discourse, He warned: “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many” (Matthew 24:4-5).
He further advised that in that prophetic period of time many “false prophets” would arise and deceive many (Matthew 24:11).
- Stunning – at its end, Jesus once again interrupted His sequenced prophetic message with another warning:
- “Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not” (Matthew 24:23-26).
Why did Christ break into His sequenced apocalyptic message three times to warn of an end-time false Christ?
- Though such “messiahs” and “prophets” have appeared throughout history, this activity would be uniquely intensified and identifiable near the end.
- What might define that period?
- Signs that He gave
- All false christs and signs would occur within one generation (Matthew 24:34; Luke 21:28, 31-32).
David Spangler, one of the co-directors of Findhorn Foundation in Scotland, and currently head of the Lorian Association, is a clairvoyant. He began a prolific writing career on spiritualism and occult issues in the 1970s. His major publications were between 1971 and 2013. In one document he notes:
“The true light of Lucifer cannot be seen through sorrow, through darkness, through rejection. The true light of this great being can only be recognized when one’s own eyes can see with the light of the Christ, the light of the inner sun. Lucifer works within each of us to bring us to wholeness, and as we move into a New Age, which is the age of man’s wholeness … is the same force as Lucifer…. Lucifer works within each of us to bring us to wholeness, and as we move into a New Age … each of us in some way is brought to that point which I term the Luciferic Initiation … for it is an invitation into the New Age.”
Around that time Marilyn Ferguson began the Association of Humanistic Psychology and in 1975 began publishing the Brain/Mind Bulletin. In 1980 her first book hit the press: The Aquarian Conspiracy.
- She, too, promoted eastern mysticism and anticipated an age of world peace with the coming of a Maitreya.
- She noted: “In the ages yet to come, man will attain to greater heights [than the prophets, Hebrew Bible and Jesus], and lights still more intense will come. And then, at last, a mighty master soul will come to earth to light the way up to the throne of perfect man.”
What generation was Jesus talking about when all of His prophetic events would actually occur together?
- Stunning! In 1978 a coalition of events regarding the calamities that Jesus noted in Matthew 24:7 began a “time of sorrows” (statistically affirmed).
- In 1978 Pope John Paul II was inaugurated (the head that “is” from Revelation 17).
- And in 1978 the United Nations began refining the ten world regions originally recommended by the State Department in 1942, then the Club of Rome in 1968 and, finally, in 2009 came the latest United Nations geopolitical map (which would parallel the ten horns in support of the beast – Revelation 17:12-13).
- Example – Club of Rome’s Map (1968):
- Example – United Nations map (2009):
“And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast” (Revelation 17:12) (“one hour” = a brief time). In Revelation 13 the horns are crowned – they’ve received their kingdoms.
“And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority…. And they [the world] worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they [the world] worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?” (Revelation 13:2c, 4).
- Lucifer desires to be worshipped as God. This will occur soon. Paul warned: “And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light” (II Corinthians 11:14).
- Satan’s protégé – the beast – will receive a similar homage.
Christ and John’s warning flashes like lightning. Evidence mounts that we have objectively entered that “generational period.” Supernatural events are anticipated.
“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh…. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.” (Luke 21:28, 31-32).
Fundamental spiritualism concerns:
“When Satan has undermined faith in the Bible, he directs men to other sources for light and power. Thus he insinuates himself. Those who turn from the plain teaching of scripture and the convicting power of God’s Holy Spirit are inviting the control of demons. Criticism and speculation concerning the Scriptures have opened the way for Spiritualism and theosophy – those modernized forms of ancient heathenism – to gain a foothold even in the professed churches of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
“There are many who shrink with horror from the thought of consulting spirit mediums, but who are attracted by more pleasing forms of spiritualism. Others are led astray by the teachings of Christian Science, and by the mysticism of Theosophy and other Oriental religions.”
Contemplative spirituality is attracting thousands, where faith is moving away from the “vertical” to the “horizontal” and, finally, into “self.”
“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” (I John 4:1).
The Biblical Warnings
As the end approaches (within a generational context – Matthew 24:34; cf. Luke 21:32), the risk of encountering false christs, false prophets and, finally, Satan, rises.
- These leaders lead astray (Matthew 24:5, 11, 25) any curious followers. This is similar to the wording describing the second beast of Revelation 13:13.
- Within the context of portraying those deceptive leaders, Jesus had two distinct blocks of advice: “Believe it not” (that Christ has come) (vs 23), “Believe it not” (that Christ is in the desert or secret chamber) (vs 26).
Jesus, in strong language, warned us not to go out of our way to see those false christs – clearly, not even to satisfy curiosity.
From Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (1800s) to Alice Bailey (1930s), the details of the New Age were to remain mysterious until 1975. Since then a “cleansing action” of negative perceptions against the occult within Christianity and Judaism has moved forward. Attorney Constance Cumbey notes that it is all to prepare for the coming of a “Christ.”
- Evolution of the consciousness of self (which is now seen in the “spiritual formation” movement)
- All mankind would be seen as sharing a divine within.
- Elevating mind activities through meditation and the use of mantras to draw attention to the inner self
- Major emphasis on holistic health to focus on self – “me”
The goal: Infiltrate and reform Christianity to elevate the interrelation of “self” or “soul” to prepare for the Lord Maitreya, who would “self-actualize” his followers.
Another Sinister Development
From 1863 to 1980 the Vatican invested a large amount of scholarly studies into astrophysics, several observatories and academic work in astronomy.
- In 1980 the Vatican Observatory Research Group joined the University of Arizona Steward Observatory in Tucson, Arizona.
- By 1987 the Roman Church had built an advanced technology telescopic center on Mt. Graham in southeastern Arizona with a special research facility.
- It was dedicated in 1993, having some of the world’s most advanced astronomical instruments (a binocular telescope and an infrared telescope called L.U.C.I.F.E.R.).
What are they doing? Much of it is mysterious. What has been told: Observing and preparing for an extra-terrestrial visitor(s) to earth. Former pastor and now prolific apocalyptic writer Thomas Horn visited the Jesuits running the Mt. Graham operations. He and his colleagues noted later:
- “The Vatican is impenetrable, we were warned, the very inventor of the term ‘above top secret.’ … When spokesmen for the Church do tantalize the outside world with commentary, it often turns out to be duplicity designed to keep researchers running in circles and in the wrong direction.”
- “Given that the Vatican holds sway to over one billion followers as well as influencing an even greater number of peoples, governments, and policies worldwide, any puny obstacles to their revised Christianity will thus hardly keep most of the world’s ‘spiritual’ people from wholeheartedly embracing the alien serpent-saviors on their arrival. In fact, acquiescence to ET gods will be widely and positively received by the masses of the world, according to Vatican astronomer and professor of fundamental theology, [Jesuit] Father Giuseppe Tanzella-Nitti, exactly because:
“‘Extraterrestrial life contexts re-propose the intervention of mediators from faraway worlds, the delivery of moral messages that awaken in human beings the existential questions that ordinary terrestrial life has made dormant. Moreover … contact with civilizations different from our own is … a powerful conceptual place in which the human family returns to wisdom and self-understanding.’”
“It will involve a ‘strange, alien God’ according to prophecy and (according to both ancient and modern authorities) be advocated for by a priesthood seated in Rome.”
“We would redefine the terms,” said Horn, “and instead suggest aggressive preparation for an Antichristogenesis – an Alien Serpent-Savior.”
Is Satan preparing the world for his coming?
By all indications, terrible changes on planet earth are now setting the stage for a powerful being to “rescue humanity.” The antichrist, clearly located in the city of the “seven hills,” will soon emerge to coalesce the world under a moral banner. Then his dragon mentor will appear.
Many are unaware that Satan will appear as an angel of light before the Sunday laws, followed by the antichrist exercising his full authority! Note carefully the following:
“In the last days Satan will appear as an angel of light, with great power and heavenly glory, and claim to be the Lord of the whole earth. He will declare that the Sabbath has been changed from the seventh to the first day of the week; and as lord of the first day of the week he will present this spurious sabbath as a test of loyalty to him. Then will take place the final fulfillment of the Revelator’s prophecy. ‘And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.’ [Revelation 13:6-18, quoted.]” Daniel 8 and 12 reveal that this period of time begins with the “abomination” related to a worship day.
Evidence mounts that those claiming to be His people are prophetically unaware of much end-time light.
“Many who profess to believe the Word of God do not seem to understand the deceptive working of the enemy. They do not realize that the end of time is near, but Satan knows it, and while men sleep he works. The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, and the pride of life are controlling men and women. Satan is at work even among the people of God, to cause disunion. Selfishness, corruption, and evil of every kind are taking a firm hold upon hearts. With many the precious Word of God is neglected. A novel or a storybook engages the attention…. That which excites the imagination is eagerly devoured, while the Word of God is set aside.”
“Go to God for yourselves, pray for divine enlightenment, that you may know that you do know what is truth, that when the wonderful miracle-working power of Satan shall be displayed, and the enemy shall come as an angel of light, you may distinguish between the genuine work of God and the imitative work of the powers of darkness.”
Prophecy Research Initiative – non-profit 501(c)3 © 2014
EndTime Issues…, Number 171, November 6, 2014