Expositor White insightfully noted in 1897: “The inhumanity of man toward man is our greatest sin.” Lack of compassion, tenderness and sympathy for others are “imperatives” out of the devil’s playbook to unsettle homes, churches and nations!
- Young America’s laws sought to bring justice, to foster respect for individuals, to elevate the virtues of liberty and to counter hatred, revenge and brutality.
- Christian values were a silver thread binding those idealisms of this nation.
John Adams, the second U.S. president, said:
“We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution ... Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.”
The religion he intimated was Bible-based Christianity.
With scholarly insight President Adams also predicted: “… democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.”
The Bible uses graphic language to portray the “thinking” of the world at the end that defies peace and unity or any democracy. That reverberates with societal trends seen today in the United States, where honor and respect are wasting away.
- As it was in the days of Noah (Luke 17:26), so it would be just before Christ comes:
- “And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another” (Matthew 24:10). [Society]
- “And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird” (Revelation 18:2). [Apostate church]
- “He had two horns like a lamb, … And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth” (Revelation 13:11b, 14a). [A nation]
- “People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God” (II Timothy 3:2-4 – NIV). [The abominations]
When “truth” is declared as relative, the evil nature of man sets a regressive standard. American culture has declared truth relative!
Something Terrible is Happening
Nefarious secularism is driving this country’s media, public education and “cultural” politics, which is oblivious to the God of Creation. Denying man’s origins, the nature and purpose of man is seen through the eyes of cultural, legal secularism, or more recently, politically correct labels.
- Secularism fails to denigrate evil. Hatred and immorality are now elevated in the media. Politics thrives on contention and conflict. “Fake news” seeks to promote a godless agenda.
- To the Christian, unseen demonic forces are controlling the minds of a growing number of this country’s leaders and its inhabitants.
- The United States has become a “cage of unclean and hateful birds.”
The horrors of ISIS abducting and raping Christian girls and publicly displaying the bodies of murdered Christians hardly provokes outrage. Minds are becoming numb to the most outrageous evil. This is demon possession!
They have even killed children and then have given their body parts to their parents. It should shock the world! But these reports have become like a local cinema – they create only a transient emotional shock. Then the “movie” ends and the mind exits. And the “crowd” is ready for the next morally numbing saga.
Albert Einstein said: “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.” And that explains why Satan is so successful. He and his minions remain “at large,” constantly increasing their militant forces, and with little resistance.
“At the present time, when the end of all things earthly is rapidly approaching, Satan is putting forth desperate efforts to ensnare the world. He is devising many plans to occupy minds and to divert attention from the truths essential to salvation. In every city his agencies are busily organizing into parties those who are opposed to the law of God. The archdeceiver is at work to introduce elements of confusion and rebellion, and men are being fired with a zeal that is not according to knowledge.”
The moral integrity and democracy of the United States are wasting away. The nation needs to be on a “suicide watch” by its civic leaders – but, alas, they are silent. There is something even deeper and more terrible happening! Where are the “watchmen on the walls of Zion?” Where are the spiritual voices who claim to represent God that can move and shake the foundations of concern?
Fetters of Evil
Noted in a recent provocative article: “America has lost one of the world’s most valuable commodities – trust.… Trust is one of the hardest things to win back once it is lost. It takes only moments to lose it, but you can spend a lifetime trying to regain it – and not succeed.”
Everywhere there are reasons to doubt academia, government, the medical industry, religion and the media. A “trust crises” is causing a systemic meltdown of confidence in a vast array of institutions. This chaos appeals to the socialistic agendas of many elitists today.
- 72% of scientists know of other scientists who have fabricated results of research to support their thesis. 50% of life-science research cannot be replicated. 40% of medical studies reported in peer-review journals cannot be duplicated.
- It cannot be proven that global warming is related to man’s activities.
- 51% of economic reports cannot be verified.
- Fake media news, dishonest news, has reached such an intensity that democracy itself is being threatened, according to Representative Lamar Smith (R–TX).
Stunning: Oxford Dictionaries annually selects a word or phrase that epitomizes the social discourse for that year. In 2016 it chose “post-truth.” Meaning: “Relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotional and personal belief.” Interesting!
Recently, when White House leaks were a “torrent,” Patrick Buchanan, brilliant columnist and former Nixon White House aide, noted regarding these news leaks:
“Who controls the media spotlight controls what people talk about and think about. … [they are now] determined to keep that spotlight on Trump–Russia, and as far away as possible from their agenda – breaking the Trump presidency and bringing him down.
“Some journalists ‘know exactly who is leaking against Trump, but they are as protective of their colleagues’ ‘sources’ as of their own,” Buchanan wrote. “Thus, the public is left in the dark as to what the real agenda is here, and who is sabotaging a president in whom they placed so much hope.
“And thus does democracy die in darkness.”
“This, according to Michael Laitman Ph.D., Israeli professor of Ontology, is not true liberalism – and certainly not pluralism. This is tyranny. Beneath a guise of free speech, America has become a restrictive country, where only one view is permitted.”
- He noted that a small group of “elite magnates” control the American economy, media and much of the government.
- They determine what is reported and what is not.
- They control public discourse and public opinion, and resist criticism. This is deadly to society.
Rush Limbaugh concluded that the U.S. is now suffering from a divide that may be insurmountable. Leftist politicians and the mainstream media are brainwashing people with hatred. The wounding of five conservative congressmen during baseball practice on June 14 he attributed to that craze. Steve Scalise remains in serious condition, yet this information has received little media attention.
Philip Harey, founding member of the Department of Homeland Security and a counter-terrorism analyst, said in a documentary, The Enemies Within, “There is a master plan to create a permanent liberal majority by flooding America with millions of voters who are hostile to conservatism.” This is coercion against the American system.
That hostility, and even hatred, has led to violent acts in our streets, town-hall meetings and university campuses. Jason and David Benham, in an exclusive report, said that this is not by accident:
“They are coordinated attacks, resulting from a subversive anti-God, anti-American ideology that has indoctrinated our universities for more than fifty years.
- They attributed part of this to a book by Cleon Skousen, published in 1963, The Naked Communist.
- It outlines, step by step, moves that would undermine our Constitution and America’s Christianity. That objective is close to being complete.
Administrative and judicial activism has recently targeted Christians in Colorado. That state’s Civil Rights Commission has been hostile against the Masterpiece Cake Shop (Jack Phillips’ business). Their attacks were upheld even by that State’s Supreme Court. The case is uncertain as it now heads to the U.S. Supreme Court. The hate-Christian rulings have been sinister.
- A series of judges voted against individual religious convictions.
- In August, 2017, U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia, a Clinton appointee, ruled in favor of sanctuary cities in Texas, noting, “Who needs a Constitution when we have political arguments?”
Such rogue actions by judges represent a breakdown of the American judicial system and is a mockery to the Constitution. Such decisions could even lead to making elections meaningless.
Just as truth has become relative, so have many of the key laws of this nation.
Adding insult against this nation’s “past integrity,” the exceedingly well-funded Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has developed a “hate list.” These include many churches, the Family Research Council, Focus on the Family and the Alliance Defending Freedom (a respected Christian legal organization).
- The Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation, Apple and J. P. Morgan have been heavy contributors to the SPLC.
- Intriguingly, a growing number of businesses are being blocked from doing commerce in the United States if the name of their enterprise is on that “list.” Amazon.com has rejected “partners” because the SPLC had their names on this list as hate companies! Who determines “what/who to hate” within this evil non-profit organization?
The Benham brothers published names and recent threats by well-known Americans who were calling for the murder of many of our leaders. In a commendable note they concluded:
“But we should know God warned of this long ago. When a nation devalues His precepts, distorts His principles, and denies His path, bloodshed will follow bloodshed.
“The prophet Hosea said, ‘Listen to the word of the LORD, O sons of Israel, for the LORD has a case against the inhabitants of the land, because there is no faithfulness or kindness or knowledge of God in the land. There is swearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery. They employ violence, so that bloodshed follows bloodshed. Therefore the land mourns, and everyone who lives in it languishes’” (Hosea 4:1-3).
The Morphing Face of Judeo–Christian Values
During the presidential campaign in 2016 Catholic Archbishop Charles Chaput lambasted President Obama’s administration for being “the most stubbornly unfriendly to religious believers” in generations.
- Many others have also noted that elite political leaders do not know how to apply religious values to the “social order.”
- This disconnect has gotten so bad that religious liberty has been reduced in the secular mind to a celebration of “private” feelings as long as it does not influence the “social order.” A distinction is being made legally between “freedom of religion” and the now touted “freedom of worship.” The latter restricts religious expression to places of worship.
- Politics and political correctness are defining societal values, which are emerging from a permissive agenda-driven State. Religious ideals are foreign elements to a growing number of civic leaders.
This secularization of standards appears to be “justifying” two very fearful and powerful movements:
- With an authoritarian voice, the Catholic Church is promoting its brand of social doctrines to resolve secularization.
- That denomination wants to impose its “system” of social dogma on America and the world. To any student of Catholic Social Doctrine (initially published in 1891), it is Marxism.
- They wish to be the arbiter of what “views” natural law teaches. Certain rights or values inherent in human nature can be recognized through “reason.” More fearful is who defines the “common good” for the masses!
- “Without the gift of faith,” means a secularized view of the “moral order,” whether it is declared “divinely based” or Vatican derived!
- Who defines “pseudo-spiritual liberty?” Might that be any “religious or spiritual conviction” at variance with theirs? The subtle wording is nothing short of prevarication!
- Fascinating – Pope Francis has compared the Islamic terrorist to American evangelicals, both wanting a theocratic type of state! Isn’t that what Rome envisions? They want to be the arbitrators of the “common good” for all.
- J. Patrick Hornbeck II, chairman of the Theology department at Fordham University, Rose Hill campus (a Jesuit institution), said that it took a crisis (the Trump’s election) to activate the religious left.
- Its leaders want open immigration, universal healthcare, social welfare and support of the LGBT community.
- Pope Francis is totally within that left-leaning progressive camp, according to Hornbeck, a non-priest who is married to another male.
Recently, there has been a surge in church attendance when secular topics like “sanctuary for immigrants” are presented. Illegals are also flocking to over 800 churches, currently helping to hide these immigrants.
“Christian” agencies are being organized to raise funds to support liberal candidates (e.g., Church Word Services, Faith in Public Life, Sojourners, “Moral Mondays” movement, the Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom, Faith and Freedom Coalition and the Religious Action Center of Reformed Judaism). All of these organizations support open borders, protecting immigrants (even if illegal), and promoting their welfare support.
Since Trump’s election, Union Theological Seminary in Manhattan has been promoting monthly lectures on social justice, undermining the present administration. As never before seen, their 600-seat Gothic chapel is filled to capacity. They even turn away up to a thousand people each session! One lecture related to the value of mass incarceration for those resisting the common good.
These issues reveal an evil reorientation of messages and purposes within Christian churches, institutions and agencies. The “right wing” or “tea party” has a conservative pro-life, privacy social agenda. The “left wing” has a liberal, open bathroom, centralized control ideology. Both reflect an “activism” that steps over the boundaries of a Christ-centered, gospel-driven, objective, adopting cultural interests.
- That activism is weakening America’s fabric.
- The left has developed a genuine hatred for this country’s founding principles.
- The support of Trump to make “America Great Again” is being undermined by an “elite” that brokers a centralized power base in the United States, which would fragment the electoral process.
Trump, in his recent Poland speech, cried, “We must fight for family, freedom, country and for God. Is anybody listening?”
Or do the citizens care? Has America’s “political machinery” become so strong it can fabricate a “moral order” that is magnetic, totally hedonistic and evil?
Engaging is the reaction of Pope Francis to the July G20 meeting. He said that many of the world powers, putting America first in his list, have a “distorted view of the world!” The implication? “Only Rome’s ideology and insight can heal the world’s ills. It claims a more noble and lofty view of geopolitical solutions.
- Francis has been called a “radical leftist pontiff.”
- Yet, he wields global influence. In his rant he said that a “world government” must rule – even the United States – for its own good.
What unimpeachable monarch might attain to such a “perfect ruler” of a “world order?”
“Prophecy foretells a restoration of her power. ‘I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed; and all the world wondered after the beast.’ [Revelation 13:3.] … Paul states plainly that the man of sin will continue until the second advent. [2 Thessalonians 2:8.] To the very close of time he will carry forward his work of deception. And the Revelator declares, also referring to the papacy, ‘All that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life.’ [Revelation 13:8.]”
The Vatican modus operandi parallels the Hegelian dialectic, where powers promote thoughts of unrest and actions ending in conflicts. They all lead toward a predetermined solution with a “moral” monarch who will bring an end to chaos.
- This was highlighted when Pope Francis’ closest aides wrote a scathing article denouncing American Christians in La Civilta Cattolica!
- They even mention President Trump and chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, branding them as ignorant, theocratic and even war-mongering fanatics.
This is intriguing! Bannon was charged with a bizarre “theo-political vision of Christian fundamentalism.” The authors were Jesuits with an agenda, clearly fomenting chaos.
“She is employing every device to extend her influence and increase her power in preparation for a fierce and determined conflict to regain control of the world, to re-establish persecution, and to undo all that Protestantism has done. Catholicism is gaining ground upon every side.… These things should awaken the anxiety of all who prize the pure principles of the gospel.”
Common Good or Common Sense
Ever since the Jesuit Society of Jesus was affirmed by Pope Paul III (1550), major efforts (called the counter-Reformation) have been bent toward undermining the Reformation.
- A philosophy (really a “mantra”) that emerged within its social doctrines was the phrase “common good.”
- They projected it on all societies and cultures. It demanded(s) a theological dimension when interpreting and solving civil problems. It defines an idealism they consider better than any Protestant dogma.
The “common good” is different from pursuing the greatest good for the greatest number.
- “… the pursuit of the common good entrusts, both to the government and the Church, care for the greatest good of all persons, not just the greatest possible number. No individual is excluded from the common good.” It requires the unity of church and state.
- This brings, according to this “doctrine,” human dignity and authentic development.
“The nature of authentic development is such that all the nations of the world must participate … [through] international cooperation – or it will not be true development” John Paul II, Sollicitudo Rei Socialis – “The Social Concern of the Church” (1987). 
It requires a new moral world order – a “New World Order” with a moral head!
This sounds magnetic, like an idealism that “might work” – but it has a coveted objective of being that world’s “moral power broker.”
- It has enamored hundreds of world leaders. Its implementation has been impeded by the Trump administration’s “Make America Great Again” agenda.
- But – it is Marxism at its finest, veiled in a “theological robe,” where its success ultimately requires coercion and an “elite,” tyrannical leader.
Compare this to the left wing ideology that is driving America (and many countries) into chaos. In his provocative and brilliant article, “The Left’s War on Common Sense” in Whistleblower Magazine, editor David Kupelian made the following observations:
- Democrat Rahm Emanuel, mayor of Chicago, defiantly boasts of his city as a “sanctuary city” for illegals and its valued restrictive gun laws. Yet in 2016 there were 4000 people shot there, of which 762 of them died.
- The sports world has responded to LGBT pressure, and “self-identifying” females (born male) are competing, even in the Olympics. These “women” often beat the true females.
- Most terror acts and sexual assaults are by Muslims. Yet the mainstream left opposes vetting and immigration restrictions.
- Drugs are streaming through the southern border of the United States. It is known that a wall would effectively curtail that “commerce” – yet Democrats oppose that measure.
- Political correctness is a Marxist thought-control system that is “nonsensical.” But it is an attack on common sense and freedom through language manipulation with license to punish offenders.
What really is that “common sense” that is hemorrhaging out of America, sapping the very vitality of its framework?
- “It is, quite simply, the internal guidance system God gives man, transcending ideology, education and economic status. It is the mysterious essence of logic, clear-thinking, right acting, and as such is a priceless gift from the Creator. It is the twin brother of conscience, the heartbeat of a competent, successful life.
“However, it is precisely because common sense represents an inner sense of what is right and sensible – which implies an obedience to a higher good – that it interferes with the designs of the perpetually angry and dissatisfied left, which aspires to impose an entirely unworkable utopian fantasy-world on the rest of us.
“Consider that although the Ten Commandments constitute the moral foundation of Western civilization, they are perfectly congruent with common sense.”
- In the evil and chaos that is weakening America, might there arise a “common sense” backlash in support of moral standards, a cry to revitalize the principles that this country’s roots were built on?
Moving Toward Spirituality?
Brilliant author and filmmaker, Dinesh D’Souza, just came out with a new book, “Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left.” In discussing that publication (July 2017), he noted:
- We are living in an abnormal time.
- Underlying the political debate is a moral debate about fundamental issues of how we live.
- There are anti-spiritual forces lurking in a large “playground” of life involving everyone.
- A time has come for “resistance” to arise against evil that is seeking to control this country.
Though only six months into his presidency, Donald Trump, along with Vice-President Mike Pence, have arranged for Pastor Ralph Drollinger of Capitol Ministries to conduct weekly Bible studies at the White House. They are aimed at the Cabinet members, but a wide range of Washington’s leaders attend.
This is engaging and exciting to see. It is natural for a committed Christian to want a spiritual revival to penetrate anywhere – everywhere.
- Will such moves swell into a national revival?
- Might the interest be so deep that the state is called upon to bring back a “Judeo– Christian” milieu into American life?
- What might the “common ground” be for the “common good” that might make “common sense” to most?
- Would it have to be coercive to be effective? Is that the “resistance” that Dinesh D’Souza means?
Evidence suggests that America needs to be on a suicide watch – unless there is a “revival.” Prophecy states that that will occur – but based on Rome’s view of “natural law.”
Prophecy Research Initiative – non-profit 501(c)3 © 2017
EndTime Issues…, Number 205, September 7, 2017
Click here to go to PRI’s website: endtimeissues.com