[click here for PDF]
Normalizing Demonic Behavior
A fearful time is stalking Christians. Daniel said its full expression would be at an “appointed time” (8:19; 11:35). He characterized it when the saints would be “worn out” (Daniel 7:25), God’s people would be “trodden underfoot” (symbolic; 8:13) and the power of God’s people are broken (12:7). It comes when Satan fully recognizes that his time to inflict evil on humanity has become limited. When that strikes, these words of pathos will be fulfilled:
- “Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short” (Revelation 12:12 –
- That will begin a three-and-a-half-year period of persecution and heartache to God’s loyalists (Daniel 12:7, Revelation 13:5). Though adversity will come from natural disasters (Mark 13:8) and military conflict (which God permits as “wake-up calls”), Satan will bring frightful misery and pain to the saints. Oppression is predicted from demonically-driven individuals (Luke 21:16)!
- Matthew notes: “Ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake” (Matthew 24:10). It is not “if” but “when.”
A premonition that that time is near is seen through the moral degradation of society, political hatred, retaliatory behavior in the media, self-serving attitudes among elites and wide-spread deception. Cultural adhesiveness is fragmenting. The Left’s scurrilous immigration policies are an attempt to make everyone “the same” – but it only divides.
- Paul addressed this period: “But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived” (II Timothy 3:13 – KJV).
- Isaiah, with a prophetic eye, warned: “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” (Isaiah 5:20).
Chaos increasingly defines America’s culture.
We are promised, however, that at some point God will step into history and bring this evil to an end. The end of His forbearance is rapidly approaching. His justice is predicted – and to be feared (Revelation 14:9-11).
“As we near the end, Satan will be moved to make a desperate effort to overthrow all those who dispute his claim to supreme authority on earth…. The people of God must be prepared for the struggle.”
Without Remorse, Wanting Force
A psychological and immoral “reign of terror” has emerged in America that is demonic. There is a widespread frenzied “group reaction” against “Make America Great Again” (MAGA). The impeachment proceeding brought against Trump introduced a new “moral” and legal era where one can be charged as a criminal without committing crime. Another well-honed technique by the Left is sweeping politics: “slanderously accuse conservatives of their own [the Left’s] crimes.” This is called “scapegoating.”
Deeply disturbing is their blame agenda. It is damaging America by those without apparent remorse – except that the Left does not yet have full control! Their agenda is deceptive and dishonest.
- “Arrogance is why they can lie with a clear conscience. It is the widespread application of the end justifying the means. They are so existentially certain that they are right and that their opponents are misguided and ignorant that any strategy is justified. If you have a mindset of needing to tell and force other people how to live their lives, you have to believe that you’re better, smarter, and more informed than they are…. They cannot imagine any legitimate reason anyone would disagree with them. If you disagree there must be something wrong with you.”
- How do they lie?
- Abortion is a women’s right to choose – a reproduction right.
- Families will save money with the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
- Denying that the embassy attack in Libya was a terrorist attack
- Obama’s oath as President to uphold the Constitution
- President Trump should be impeached because of his disregard of laws
- The need for gun control laws
The surreptitious Left has more techniques:
- Misstating the truth to make their lies work, e.g., “America has always been about immigration” rather than liberty. Illegal immigrants are not “illegal aliens” but “undocumented immigrants” (skirting the law, intellectual deviousness).
- Islam is a religion of peace, when part of its “sacred writings” encourage violence (skirting the truth).
- Phony altruism:
- Government aid for “imagined helplessness” – “You are a victim – we’ll help you.” (when we just want your vote).
- Creating dependency on government (Obamacare, food stamps, low threshold for disability checks and living subsidies), even to non-citizens
- Phony chaos – “The crisis is upon us.” – nothing is more important than their alarming cries. Suddenly, everything becomes an emergency. Thus, disregard and contempt for the conventional rules and restraints on behavior is accepted.
All this “manipulation” represents the Left’s growing success in inching toward socialistic control. Through projection that you are a victim, deserving generous welfare gifts, the citizens bow to Washington. They become dependent on Uncle Sam’s relief. There is a predictable outcome to such control and intrusion into private life: force must eventually be used to keep a semblance of social order because services invariably diminish as funding shrinks.
The year 2019 was tumultuous. It was the time Democrats tried to wipe out gender. It was the year of investigations. Perhaps President Trump has been “studied” more than any living man. Their hatred for him only deepened when all the investigations found nothing. Then, when he was acquitted from impeachment.
- This was the year when good journalism died. Dignity, especially of investigative journalism, is now difficult to find. 
Dennis Prager insightfully observed:
“When you attend an American university, you are taught to have contempt for America and its founders, to prefer socialism to capitalism, to divide human beings by race and ethnicity. You are taught to shut down those who differ with you, not to debate them. And you are taught to place feelings over reason – which is a guaranteed route to eventual evil.”
Then he noted three reasons that the left here (U.S.) and abroad needs to be detested:
- It has ruined the Arts:
- A German sculpture, depicting a policewoman squatting and urinating, received a prestigious award.
- The Orange County, California, Museum of Art placed a 28-foot sculpture of a dog outside the Museum that periodically urinates a yellow fluid against a museum wall.
- The prestigious Guggenheim Museum in New York, featured a pure gold working toilet bowl, exhibited as “America.” Visitors were invited to use it.
- The poisoning of sports at NFL games with left-wing contempt for the American flag and the National Anthem.
- Mainstream Protestantism, non-Orthodox Judaism and much of the Catholic Church and especially Pope Francis, have become left-wing advocacy “groups” with religious symbols – but with secular agendas.
Why Do Democrats Hate America?
They are embracing the ideological tenets that require explicit obedience to the state (which they want to be the people’s god). “Individuals should only have the rights granted by the state.” That is counter to the nation’s founding principles!
- America was established on the Judeo–Christian doctrine of free-will and individuality.
- Individuals have God-ordained rights. The state has no moral right to deprive one of this except in the Left’s thinking:
“Control of citizens is incompatible with Christianity. Therefore, it must be suppressed, changed or destroyed.”
One anti-Christian tool is cultural degradation – promoting immoral images and behavior, and sexually indoctrinating children in schools by neutralizing God’s standards. The Left idolizes kneeling instead of standing for the National Anthem, changing the gender God gave, discrediting matrimony and removing the sacredness of sex.
All this has been a predictable outcome of cultural Marxism.
Brilliant journalist and editor David Kupelian of Whistleblower Magazine wrote:
Imagine that as a young child, rather than being taught by your parents and teachers that America is a wonderful nation uniquely blessed by God, you were taught to hate it.
What if you never learned to appreciate the bold explorer Christopher Columbus, or the hardy and devout Pilgrims, or the rag-tag colonial army that against impossible odds won Americans’ independence by defeating the world’s best-trained military – and then went on to establish a transcendently enlightened Constitution guaranteeing personal freedoms such as the world had never seen?
What if you never reverenced the fact that America sacrificed … thousands of lives in a bloody Civil War in order to end the evil of slavery? And then later sacrificed … thousands more lives to stop the ravages of Hitler's Germany and Imperial Japan and to rescue countless Jews from Nazi death camps?
What if you were oblivious to the reality that, since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, America has blossomed into the least racist nation on the face of the earth?
And what if you somehow dismissed the fact that most of the world’s major inventions that have so richly blessed all of humanity – from the lightbulb to miracle drugs to the microchip – were invented by Americans?
What if, instead of all of this, you were taught from your youth to feel guilt, embarrassment and shame toward your country? What if the emphasis in your learning was always on America’s faults and darkest deeds, and never on the good? …
[What if Christopher Columbus was portrayed] as a racist genocidal monster and the early settlers as committing genocide against the Indians. Then came the evils of slavery, then the robber barons and the excesses of capitalism, and then the Vietnam War cast as genocide against the innocent brown-skinned peoples of that region, and so on. Absent, meanwhile, are the singular virtues that have long made America a beacon of freedom to the entire world and the No. 1 destination for immigrants everywhere – literally, their Promised Land.
Now, if you will – just for the purposes of our thought experiment – savor that feeling of guilt and condemnation toward America, the embarrassment and shame, as well as the implicit disapproval of all those who mindlessly extol and defend such a flawed and bigoted nation. In this rarefied air – infused not only with resentment toward America, but also a sense of moral superiority on your part – radical multiculturalism springs to life. Somehow all other nations, cultures, religions, political systems and beliefs now magically appear more virtuous and sympathetic (in the manner of long-abused victims) than America and Americans. Likewise, deviant sexual lifestyles mysteriously come to share the same glorified victim status as other worldviews, cultures and religions. Even exotic and obviously pathological new “gender identities” find their place in the ever-expanding hierarchy of “minorities” oppressed and persecuted by evil America.
This little thought experiment is meant to provide a small glimpse into the mind and worldview of what we call – in political code – “the left.”
Adding coals to this “Democratic invasion” has been Pope Francis’ promotion of illegal immigration. Beginning with a homily on January 14, 2018, on the “World Day of Migrants and Refugees,” he projected guilt on anyone who doesn’t believe immigrants need a political haven:
- They are God’s children.
- They are poor, rejected refugees and asylum seekers.
The Pope has not brought immigrants formally into his Vatican City State. However, he has donated funds to those traversing Mexico, hoping to reach the United States!
The Left’s Ultimate Power Tool
“Climate change and its proposed solutions comprise the far left’s secret weapon … for destroying capitalism and America’s existing social and economic order.”
Since 1895 there have been crisis warnings regarding global weather trends!
- Global cooling – 1895
- Another global cooling – 1954
- Global warming – late 1950s
- Global cooling – 1975
- Global warming – 1981
- Recently, “global warming” has given way to “climate change” because there is no warming.
How is it that only people on the left – those scientific geniuses who believe a man is a woman and a baby isn’t a baby five minutes before birth – can understand and expertly sort out the complicated, inconclusive and sometimes contradictory science of long-term climate prediction?
Despite the recent destructive fires in Brazil and the United States, the world is literally greener than it was twenty years ago via NASA satellite imagery.
Question: “What if the [Democratic] Green New Deal (GND) is not about remedying the ‘catastrophic effects’ of climate change. What if it is a ploy? Key GND promoter Ocasio Cortez’s chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabari, acknowledged that it had nothing to do with the “climate” but to “turn America socialist,” then control it.
Senator Inhofe agreed in his book The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future.
The Left’s technique is to catch people off guard by a fabricated crisis or some emergent need to bring in change. Two examples:
- The Hegelian Dialectics is a key Marxist tool. With it, a radical idea is publicly proposed. An opposite reaction occurs and stirs resistance. Finally, the two sides come to some reconciliation called synthesis. But – always leaning toward the original radical thought. Why? There is a compromise. However, a step was taken toward the radical idea.
- The Cloward – Piren – Strategy inspired by the radical left-wing organizer Saul Alinsky, whose methods Barack Obama used. A complex or confused crisis is created (a hoax), then a political solution is found that always leans toward socialism.
Example: The spotted owl crises in the early 1990s. This led to a loss of 30,000 jobs in the timber industry. Yet, in reality, there was never any owl endangerment. Restrictive environmental laws remain in place since then.
Everything operates through some crisis, which “must be fixed now.” All lead to increasing government regulations and power. This has been true of the “copper crisis” before the 1990s, the “running out of oil,” the 1974 U.S. Geological Survey claims that there were only ten years left of natural gas and Al Gore’s claim in 2007 that polar bears were dying because of melting polar ice caps.
Susan Crockford, previous adjunct professor at the University of Victoria, Canada, led the way to debunk that polar bear claim. She showed that the polar bear population was actually thriving. She was relieved of her teaching position.
The idolatry of climate change has become blasphemous! Union Theological Seminary, New York, in a ritual at a chapel exercise, actually confessed to plants for creating destructive climate change. They said at this “liturgical exercise”:
- “We are in the throes of a climate emergency, a crisis created by humanity’s arrogance, our disregard for Creation.”
- We must create a “new spiritual and intellectual framework by which we understand and relate to the plants and animals with whom we share the planet.”
They “… changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen” (Romans 1:25).
Christina Figueres, executive secretary of the U.N’s Framework Convention of Climate Change, said that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from an ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism: “This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history.” “This is my religion,” she said.
Incidentally, she was a keynote speaker at the Parliament of World Religions in 2019 to Foster Interfaith Understanding. Interesting!
The Catholic Church Weighs In
Two years ago, Pope Francis called for “global governance” to fight climate change: “Growing nationalism … neglects the common good.” He wants an institution that would manage national governments [the world], intimating the papacy as its head. He made it clear that that organization should have juridical and moral power. Given its history when in power, that is terrifying!
Projecting guilt in a World Day of Prayer message, Francis said that “human-induced global warming, as well as a loss of biodiversity, are ‘sins’ against God, which must be atoned for by planting trees, avoiding the use of plastic and paper and separating refuse.” Sins against creation is a new transgression that requires forgiveness. Adding to the sins against creation, the Pope, on the World Water Day, 2019, said that access to water is a “fundamental human right.” Lack of it in so many places is an “immense shame,” all threatened by global warming.
Facing Facts the Left Suppresses
Professor John Christy, University of Alabama, a leading climate scientist, said at the Global Warming Policy Foundation that climate computer models are way off in their predictions. He noted that climatologists simply aren’t paying attention to the real-world data. There has been no observable climate changes in the past twenty years.
Deception was discovered by meteorologist Joe D’Aleo, statistician James Wallace and scientists of the Cato Institute. They found that warming trends from NASA, NOAA and NK’s Met Office, reported by the EPA, were there because of data manipulation.
- Reality has been bypassed and their published results are totally inconsistent with credible U.S. and other temperature data.
- The authors said that the EPA’s authority to regulate greenhouse gasses should be “invalidated.”
Huge sums of tax-payer money has gone to “scientists,” “climatologists” and the U.N., who support global warming with an agenda to control every citizen.
Three hundred scientists agreed with the above and wrote to President Donald Trump, asking him to pull the United States out of the global warming campaign run by the United Nations.
“Catastrophic anthropogenic global warming” fearmongering is a fake.
More and more scientists, true to the facts, are criticizing those alarmist “scientists” as corrupt and mendacious.
This myth has cost Americans billions of dollars within industry, education, transportation, culture and government oversight. The Left’s proponents of this falsehood have marketed evil on the world.
There are overwhelming demonic forces seeking to take away America’s original concept of freedom and its founding values.
- Those on the Left are hostile to Judeo-Christian thought!
- They crave power and control over citizens believing they “know best.” Their philosophy is Marxist, which has a perfect history of failure.
That is part of the accelerating crisis in America. What is embraced, tolerated, even championed today, would horrify our grandparents. Violence, sex, and foul language in the living rooms of Americans via television; gay marriage; abortion up to the moment of birth; explosion of middle-school sex; hostility toward the Ten Commandments; easy pornography via the internet; and loss of the meaning of the word “evil.”
“How can this be happening in America? How does child molesting become ‘man-boy love’? How does crushing a baby’s skull and sucking out his brains become a ‘constitutional right’? How does quoting the Bible become ‘hate speech’? How exactly is evil made to appear good, and good made to appear evil? How has America – which still boasts an 80 percent Christian population – seen fit to embrace what can only be called a culture of death, rather than a culture of life?”
A satanically-driven spirit has taken over the minds of a growing segment of America’s power base. This is leading more individuals to solicit the return to the Judeo–Christian heritage.
- Duck commander Phil Robertson said: “I’m trying to get people to see that America is never going to be great again until they become at least godly again.”
- Vice President Pence said: “Hate has no place in America.” We need to spend “more time on our knees than on the internet.”
These men see the inevitable march toward a weakened, and perhaps failed, America. The Left is pursuing a politics of disruption, with the intent of overturning society through corruption. That is modeled on the tactics and philosophy of Karl Marx, not the constitutional ideals of this country.
George Washington’s farewell address is often remembered for its warning against hyper-partisanship: “The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism.” The brilliant John Adams, Washington’s successor, similarly worried that “a division of the republic into two great parties … is to be dreaded as the great political evil.”
- It wasn’t the “common politics” that concerned these great men – it was a divide that would bring out hatred and a spirit of retaliation.
- This country is now experiencing that dreaded divide. Political violence is all that remains.
Mike Pompeo, U.S. Secretary of State, in a recent visit to the Vatican, noted: “When a state rules absolutely, God becomes an absolute threat to authority … human dignity is trampled … autocrats will never accept a power higher than their own. And that causes all sorts of assaults on human dignity.”
Forty plus years ago in Ireland, during the height of the violence related to the Irish Republican Army, a roving reporter asked a lady on the street regarding her thoughts about the atrocities and unrest. She, in a humble demeanor, said: “Everything would be solved if all the factions had a little bit of Jesus.” Could anything be more needed and profound than at this time?
As we approach the end, the competition between good and evil will become acute. Demonic powers use force, subjugation and violence. God’s Spirit, representing heaven’s powers, can only use love and persuasion. So, the standoff has begun. It will reach a point of unimaginable turmoil and chaos. Which side you are on will fix your eternity!
Franklin S. Fowler, Jr., M.D.
Prophecy Research Initiative – non-profit 501(c)3 © 2020
EndTime Issues…, Number 234, February 6, 2020
 White, Ellen G.; Prophets and Kings, p. 275.
 White, Ellen G.; The General Conference Bulletin, October 1, 1896.
 Book Review, Demonic, Ann Coulter. https://www.politics-prose.com/book/9780307353498
 Prager, Dennis; https://www.dennisprager.com/whatever-the-left-touches-it-ruins/
 EndTime Issues…, November 5, 2015, “Religious Marxism.”
 Kupelian, David, Whistleblower, February 2018, pp. 4-5.
 Kupelian, op. cit.
 Whistleblower Magazine, November 2019, pp. 4-11.
 Williams, Walter; Whistleblower Magazine, November, 2019, “Idiotic Environmental Predictions: Have we learned nothing?”
 Kupelian, David; The Marketing of Evil (WND Books, Cumberland House Publishing Inc, 2005), p. 13.