After World War I, under the leadership of U.S. President Woodrow Wilson, the first worldwide intergovernmental organization was created with the principled mission of peace. The League of Nations was formed on January 10, 1920.
- Its ideals were never fully achieved.
- By 1939 the unrest in Europe signaled its demise, occurring formally in July 1947.
As World War II progressed, the United States’ State Department and the Carnegie International Endowment for Peace published a map (1942), idealizing a “moral world order” that would guarantee peace. It had ten divisions. [see pdf]
In 1968 the Club of Rome, a “think tank,” was formed to create global plans for “the future of humanity.” Much of today’s geopolitical progressive ideas were launched by their publications, especially the 1972 book Limits to Grow.
- They refined the 1942 map.
- Those ten regions, with minor changes were retained. Subsequently, they have been published in documents of the World Trade Center, the United Nations and, now, in many geography textbooks.
Part of the “moral agenda” included resolving “climate change,” abolition of national borders, immigration from poor to rich countries and the limiting of population sizes. Today, the headquarters of the Club of Rome is in Switzerland.
- Stunning is the Bible prediction in John’s apocalypse that a world order would arise with ten divisions near the end of time (Revelation 17:1-4, 12-13).
- John clearly notes that the antichrist, located in the area of the seven hills (Revelation 17:9), would become its head (verse 13). It is in addressing this burgeoning issue that this narrative is presented.
United Nations Secretary Ban ki-Moon, a respected friend of Pope Francis, retired in 2016. Roman Catholic Antonio Guterres assumed that post in January of 2017. Just before he assumed that role, he spoke at a Vison Europe Summit held in his native Portugal. He observed:
- The rejection of globalization in rich countries (the United States and Britain) undermines the care of refugees in war-torn areas.
- Then he criticized President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” as threatening the ideals and plans of a unified world order.
Later Guterres said that such a world order can help protect religious sites and worshipers of all faiths.
The U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Raad al-Hussein, had also noted that Donald Trump has “deep unsettling and disturbing” views, making him an international danger. The idealism of globalism is a panacea for the evil nature of man.
The President of the European Commission (subdivision of the EU), Jean-Claude Juncker, has been defiant against the nationalism in Poland, Hungary, Great Britain and the United States. If we don’t make the world “completely different” (a New World Order) tomorrow, “it will be a disaster.”
- This influential man said (May 23, 2019) that people who love their country are “stupid.”
- He added that opposition to mass migration was driving populism, remarking that “They don’t like those coming from far away, I like those coming from far away … we have to act in solidarity with those who are in a worse situation than we are in.”
- His political party? Christian Socialist Party.
Peter Sutherland, the “Father of Globalization,” went to his rest last year at the age of 71. He had proposed, and much of the world later accepted:
- International multiculturalism
- Movement of immigrants to all countries to develop global homogeneity
- A hard line, in support of free trade
Jake Sullivan, former advisor to Hillary Clinton, predicted that the New World Order (NWO) will survive a Trump presidency.
- “The United States built the order on three foundational propositions: that economic openness and integration lead to greater and more widely shared prosperity [through the Federal Reserve]; that political openness, democratization, and the protection of human rights lead to stronger, more just societies and more effective international cooperation [through the United Nations]; and that economic and political openness are mutually reinforcing [via the IMF & the World Bank].”
- Will a true NWO emerge and survive?
“So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns” (Revelation 17:3). (In apocalyptic prophecy, heads represent leaders and horns powerful agencies/nations in support of the beast (a nation or kingdom) they are on.)
- How many horns are on this beast? Ten.
- This world has been divided (without referencing the Bible) into ten divisions, first in 1942, then again in 1972.
Ten world powers will give strength, control and supremacy to the end-time antichrist beast. How do we know?
- “The ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom [before Rev. 13], but will receive ruling authority as kings with the beast for one hour [Rev. 13 story]” (Revelation 17:12 – NET).
- These powers are so wedded to the antichrist that the Bible says: “They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast” (Revelation 17:13 – NIV).
This global order is now in urgent anticipation by most world leaders. One of the seven-vial angels of Revelation 16 told John that:
- It occurs at the time the Roman Church (symbolized by a “woman”) has world power (Revelation 17:1, 15).
- It comes when the inhabitants of the earth will be enamored by its leadership (Revelation 13:3).
Then Revelation embellishes this world order by saying: “The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority” (Revelation 13:1-2 – NIV).
- This is when that world order, with its global demonic authority, has reached its geopolitical pinnacle. Those ten horns here have crowns.
- Who gives it full support? The leaders of those ten regions. It becomes a world phenomenon. Who gives it power? The text says that the dragon (Satan) does.
World Leaders Craving that Order
In mid-2018, French President Emmanuel Macron visited Denmark and Finland, seeking support for his vision of a “globalized EU super state.” He vowed to kill nationalism. In one Denmark speech he said:
- “The true Dane does not exist – he is European.”
- “Even your language is not just Danish – it is European.”
A similar projection occurred in his visit to Finland. Hungary, Poland and Great Britain are resisting such anti-nationalist moves, but Bible prophecy suggests that all the world will eventually coalesce.
Hungary and Poland have been especially strong in resisting foreign migrants, which dilutes the uniqueness of language, culture and borders. Poland’s “Law and Justice Party” and, more recently, Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban, rejected “forcing member countries to take a compulsory quota of migrants,” saying that it would “spread terrorism.”
- The EU, centered in Brussels, is insisting that Hungary and Poland come into line with the other European nations. “If they don’t, then they will face consequences, both financial and political. No more opt-outs. There is no more ‘one foot in and one foot out.’ We are going to be very tough on this.”
To add force to this EU trend, the Vatican has been an outspoken advocate for the United Nations’ “Global Compact for Migration” (GCM), promoting safe, orderly and regular migration. Pope Francis said that making national walls, like the United States, are “walls of fear.” (He is the ruler of the only completely walled-in country in the world).
Francis intimated that rejecting the integration of migrants was rejecting the idea of brotherhood. That is “guilt projection.”
BRICS is a global trade and diplomatic bloc consisting of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. In a recent summit, China’s Communist Party leader, Xi Jinping, made a major plea for globalization. He stated, “The international community has reached a new crossroad.”,
- In 2016 Xi had said at another summit meeting that the rising tide of protectionism and anti-globalization was endangering the world.
- At a two-day, high-level Communist Party meeting in 2018, Xi noted: “China must … show the way in reform of the global governance system, creating an even better web of global partnership relationships.”
Retired bishop of Hong Kong, Cardinal Zen, said in a New York Times op-ed piece that Pope Francis is “naturally optimistic about communism.”
Francis said: Christians should not fear "looking like the Communist Party.” Yet: “In 1949, a Roman Catholic Church document approved by Pope Pius XII declared that Catholics who professed communist doctrines are to be excommunicated as apostates from the Christian faith!” (A church conundrum.)
- In 2015, BBC News raised the question that had been on the minds of many faithful Catholics during the tenure of Francis: "Is the pope actually a communist?"
- His criticism “of free-market economics has made him an icon for the Left and prompted claims that he is a communist.”
That BBC story quoted Stephen Moore of the Heritage Foundation, himself a Catholic, saying that there is “a lot of skepticism among American Catholics…. I think this is a pope who clearly has some Marxist leanings … It’s unquestionable that he has a very vocal skepticism (against) capitalism and free enterprise and ... I find that to be very troubling.”
Sympathetic to Francis’ Marxist ideals is Vladimir Putin. In July 2019 he visited the Pope for the third time. When interviewed later by the Financial Time, Putin was asked if religion should play a greater role in national culture and stability. His answer was in the affirmative. He actually told the Pope that the world needed a moral leader (hinting Pope Francis).
Papacy – Geopolitics – USA
In 2017 Pope Francis said that the United States has “a distorted vision of the world” – and that Americans must be ruled by a world government as soon as possible “for their own good.”
Historically, when there is “government” control over most of the economy (the silver lining of the NWO), it has led to poverty, murder, restriction of health care benefits and mass oppression of liberty.
The current despotism in Venezuela is an illustration perpetrated by a socialist regime. It is a form of Marxism that has enamored segments of the world and the Roman Catholic Church since Pope Leo XIII with his “social” encyclical Rerum Novarum in 1891.
- A significant development in the USA is the recent left-of-center politics, now called “democratic socialism.”
- Prominent in support of this are the names Senator Bernie Sanders, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and virtually all the current Democratic presidential candidates.
Democracy cannot easily constrain the abuses of this growing “flavor” of political socialism. Its use of deceit, the support of the biased media and subversive tactics creates a force that exceeds Constitutional checks and balances. It is filled with promises that appeal to greed – but can never be implemented.
- Its agenda would be so costly, it would destroy America as it now exists.
- In addition, to administer/enforce its plans would create demands for stronger and stronger regulations (controlling every facet of American lives). This would necessitate tyrannical leadership from Washington. The Constitution would become a “historical” document, something that Justice Clarence Thomas fears.
It is interesting that the “earth beast” of Revelation 13:11-18 (representing the soon-to-emerge altered United States) has global deceptive power (vs 14) and control over “life and death.” This suggests that a powerful socialist leader will assume “command” of America – then bond with that sea beast (antichrist) that wields power from Rome!
With such control, conservative religious groups would be at risk. Those at variance with socialist geopolitics would be in danger.
There are two opposing views presently competing for the control of America’s future:
- Support the good that America has brought to the world in competitive markets, defending liberty against tyranny and promoting innovation. Or:
- Globalization, with central control of finances, military, food distribution, population size, manufacturing, work and religion, all of which the Democrats fiercely want. This is one reason the impeachment proceedings are moving forward. If the present administration (Trump and Pence) could be disallowed, Nancy Pelosi would be President. She is the champion of that far left thought.
A large number of articles are now penetrating the internet, urging socialism for the U.S.:
- “Like it or not, America is now seriously debating socialism.”
- “America: The new socialist frontier.”
- “Obama Blasts ‘Aggressive’ Nationalism …”
- “Bank of America proudly partners with George Soros in ‘social impact investing’” (a disturbing document listing the vast number of organizations and agencies bent on socialism in America).
For prophecy to thread its way through key end-time issues, a form of socialism must come to America and an anti-nationalist aura must emerge as a magnetic concept to world leaders, i.e., the New World Order. It is underway, in spite of Trump. Nevertheless, the Democrats want his exodus accelerated.
Bruising the ideals of nationalism, Pope Francis wrote a “letter” in 2017, later publically read by the powerful Cardinal Peter Turkson, urging the “gutting of democracies.” It took special aim at President Trump, seeing his downfall as a necessary step.
- Turkson had previously endorsed the establishment of a “global public authority” (like the Holy See) to rule over world affairs.
- He also had called for the creation of a “central world bank” to govern all financial institutions. Pope Francis’ letter and Turkson’s philosophy are clearly in support of global Marxism ideals.
Bishop Robert McElroy of San Diego recently gave a speech at the Catholic University of America, Washington D.C., in which he stated:
- “Individualism … is incompatible with Catholic social teaching.” He went on:
- In America three potent forces are at work that have “no moral identity”: (1) sovereignty of markets, (2) society driven by technology, (3) nationalism.”
Under “Nationalism” McElroy defaced Trump’s “Make America Great Again.” He said that it implies a “past betrayal.” It suggests that citizens have not loved America before (that claim is sinister)! It is a projection of guilt if you support Trump. McElroy went further:
One “question that America must confront is: what does greatness mean for the United States? Does this greatness revolve principally around questions of power, wealth and success? Or is the greatness we seek founded in the order of justice, freedom, truth and solidarity? In short, is it a material greatness or a greatness of the soul? …
“In surveying the effects of globalization on the world, Pope Benedict [had] lamented [that] as society becomes ever more globalized, it makes us neighbors but does not make us brothers. Does the nationalism which we are experiencing today view our country as brothers and sisters to the other peoples of the world?” 
The obvious implication from this oration: “America is failing. America needs the Roman Catholic leadership to bring it back to its original moral dignity, where there is ‘brotherhood.’”
- The subliminal message: “In a ‘collective’ world, we should all be together because we work for each other.” That’s communism.
- This is another form of guilt projection, a technique that is in the “DNA” of the Roman Church.
The Environmental Tool
Pope Francis came into papal power in 2013. His first full encyclical was Laudato si (On Care for Our Common Home, Praise be to You – English interpretation) (May 24, 2015). It was meant to influence the geopolitical world on issues that were sympathetic to the “world order” agenda, especially addressing climate change!
- It preceded, by design, his visit to the United States that fall.
- It is a rehash of the Catholic Social Doctrine with creative additions regarding the environment. It included another projection of guilt if you don’t agree with its ideals.
Three key “mantras” in his social “mandate”: (1) the poor, (2) the unborn, and (3) the elderly all must be helped (all are really part of their social encyclicals since 1891). Then he expounded:
- The environment – our common home is being mistreated through fossil fuels and coal, making adverse “climate change.” These must be replaced without delay. He didn’t say with what – but said that a rest day from all work would help clear the environment of man-made pollutants.
- The world must “hear both the cry of the earth and the cry of the poor.” The commandment “Thou shalt not kill” reflects on the nations that consume resources, which rob poor nations of future survival.
- If science is used correctly, the beauty of God’s creation will be visible again. Smog, due to man-made global warming and increased CO2 gasses must be stopped. Man is defacing what God made.
- Technology is driven by institutional greed. Its institutions need to be limited and directed toward more human and social benefits. Their expansion must always be tied to moral progress.
- He also opposed abortion, embryonic stem cell research and population control, saying that we must respect creation and human dignity.
- Laudato si also resisted gender diversity.
Think of how broad the impact of Francis’ “ideals” are to the citizens of the world! It was another document from Rome that touches most aspects of modern-day life, insinuating itself into governments and global politics. It reveals the coercive potential that the Roman Catholic Church would bring if in global power. It also outlines issues that undermine the present U.S. administration – but are sympathetic to the Democratic Party agenda.
- Francis’ words insinuate the papacy as a global “standard bearer.”
- Provocative is the observation that since Francis has been in power, the Vatican requires all seminary students for the priesthood to learn about environmental problems and climate change. 
This pope is calling for open borders and warns against the spread of xenophobia. He has said that it is a “sacred right” to have “land, shelter and employment for everyone.” That is, again, a communist mantra.
- These things are a “right” – someone has the “duty” to supply them.
- Logically, only the government can do that, which requires taking from one to give to another.
The Pope is more interested in power and politics than saving souls, said one of his “faithful.”
Ever since the Holy See was formalized in 1929, it has traded diplomats with other nations. Currently, it has a formal link with 172 countries.
- Each year the Pope addresses those diplomats, giving them
a list of things that the world needs related to arms, trade, dealing with climate change, religious freedom and social justice. This is a geopolitical link to the world!
The Holy See – A permanent observer since 1964
Since 6 April 1964, the Holy See has been a permanent observer state at the United Nations. In that capacity, the Holy See has gained a standing invitation to attend all the sessions of the General Assembly, the United Nations Security Council, and the United Nations Economic and Social Council, to observe their work and to maintain a permanent observer mission at the UN headquarters in New York. Accordingly, the Holy See has a right in that mission to send representatives to all open meetings of the General Assembly and its main committees.
- It is allowed to make formal policy statements in the General Assembly, both during the General Debates and during the discussion of the various separate issues contained in the agenda of the General Assembly. Notably, Popes Paul VI, John Paul II, Benedict XVI, and Francis have also been invited to address the General Assembly.
- It is frequently allowed to participate in private negotiations, leading to the adoption of the General Assembly’s decisions and resolutions.
The Holy See has the rights and powers of all “State Nations” and functions as such, but refrains from actual voting – its choice. They can never be blamed for its outcome.
Interestingly, Jesuit Patrick J. Conroy is the chaplain of the U.S. House of Representatives with a strong influence on its members.
- Before his retirement, House Speaker Paul Ryan said: “Catholicism as a faith … can help solve the country’s problems.”
- Then added: “Our social doctrine is the perfect antidote for what ails our culture.”
“The Roman Church is far-reaching in her plans and modes of operation. She is employing every device to extend her influence and increase her power in preparation for a fierce and determined conflict to regain control of the world, to re-establish persecution, and to undo all that Protestantism has done. Catholicism is gaining ground upon every side. See the increasing number of her churches and chapels in Protestant countries. Look at the popularity of her colleges and seminaries in America, so widely patronized by Protestants. Look at the growth of ritualism in England and the frequent defections to the ranks of the Catholics. These things should awaken the anxiety of all who prize the pure principles of the gospel.”
The Vatican Lashes Out
The superior general of the Jesuits Arturo Sosa (Pope Francis answers to him) said (August 2019): “Nations have no right to enforce their borders because in the end, the land belongs to everyone…. Those who live in a given territory have no right to turn away migrants, because they have no absolute right to that territory. They do not own it; the goods of the land are for everyone. [That is fascism.]
“Everyone’s rights are the same. The first is to be recognized as human beings equal to all other human beings,” he said.
“Turning to the issue of modern political movements, Father Sosa said that populism [nationalism, ‘Make America Great Again’] is dangerous, alleging that it has an authoritarian agenda.”
Poking his finger in President Trump’s eye, Pope Francis (August 2019) sent $500,000 to help support the migrants marching toward the United States.
- There are many “open border organizations” in the U.S. and Central America, encouraging illegal immigration.
- Some have been organized by George Soros and inspired by Pope Francis (e.g., the New World Order organization, Pueblo Sin Fronteras and the “House without Borders” in Chicago).
Most interesting is what China’s state newspaper, The Global Times, published, suggesting that Pope Francis, as a Jesuit, has a good understanding of Marxism. This, they noted, presents a golden opportunity for China and Roman Catholicism to cooperate!
- Catholic social teaching is a blend of Marxism and Fascism. The 1891 encyclical Rerum Novarum, came on the heels of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engel’s publications, especially the Communist Manifesto.
- Recently, Argentinean Bishop Marcelo Sanchez Sordono said: “At this moment, the Chinese are … implementing Catholic social teaching best [of any nation].”
The geopolitical moves of the papacy are powerful, sinister and progressing.
- Francis is actively reaching out to Jewish leaders who say that his moves are “unprecedented” to bring the world together.
- Intriguingly, the secretary general of the Muslim World League, Dr. Muhammad bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa, recently met Francis at the Vatican for a cordial meeting. This organization funded Osama bin Laden and the Al Qaeda. Al-Issa is considered to be the most democratic individual in the Muslim world.
The Jerusalem Issue
Daniel 11:45 says: “He [the antichrist] will pitch his royal tents between the seas at the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him” (NIV).
- This is a prophecy that some administrative center of the antichrist will be set up in Jerusalem just before “his end.”
- In 1950 the Vatican attempted, through the United Nations, to internationalize Jerusalem. They failed.
- There have been recent conferences and discussions on how to bring neutrality and peace to that region.
A crucial meeting took place at the Vatican when Turkish President Erdogan met Pope Francis. This was the first Turkish State visit in fifty-nine years. The priority topic? Jerusalem!
- This was another significant visit from the Islamic world to Rome.
- Christians, Jews and Muslims all have a stake in that city.
Who could better assume a neutral role than the papacy? They already own many “holy sites” in Israel. Why not oversee Jerusalem – just as the Bible says? Incidentally, Erdogan wants to head the area of the NWO controlled by Islam (one of those ten horns).
Between 1600 and 1868 Japan was ruled by a feudal military government known as Tokugawa. During this time Jesuits were not permitted in the country.
- That rule was never rescinded – until:
- November 2019, Jesuit Pope Francis will visit Japan and, finally, conclude his time with a mass in the large Tokyo dome.
The royal family, prime minister and vice prime minister will welcome him.
“Marvelous in her shrewdness and cunning is the Roman Church. She can read what is to be. She bides her time … She is silently growing into power. Her doctrines are exerting their influence in legislative halls, in the churches, and in the hearts of men…. Stealthily and unsuspectedly she is strengthening her forces to further her own ends when the time shall come for her to strike. All that she desires is vantage ground, and this is already being given her. We shall soon see and shall feel what the purpose of the Roman element is. Whoever shall believe and obey the word of God will thereby incur reproach and persecution.”
Prophecy Research Initiative – non-profit 501(c)3 © 2019
EndTime Issues…, Number 231, November 7, 2019
Click here to go to PRI’s website: endtimeissues.com
PS: Pope Francis has invited a vast array of world leaders, representatives of the main religions, scientists and international organizations to attend the “Reinventing the Global Educational Alliance” on May 14, 2020, at the Vatican. It is expected that this will begin his geopolitical push in coalescing those ten regions. He wants everyone to sign a “global education pact” to create a “new humanism” for earth’s “common good.” Stay tuned!